Millennials are the generation broadly classified as born between mid-eighties to 2000. This generation has been shaped by the technological revolution; computers, tablets and the world wide web have been central to their life so far. incidentally, millennials are also the largest living generation.
Millennial workers are ambitious and pro-active in job hunting – much more than generations before them. This is a frightening prospect for employees as the cost of recruiting and training seems never-ending and is a huge drain on their business. Stellar understands what employers are going through, and we can help you with our bespoke service – underpinned by our industry knowledge and our sector understanding. There is now an incredible pool of young talent that are open to the right opportunity. With 6 out of 10 Millennials open to new jobs, we can help you attract the right talent. Ambition is one of the most important traits to a millennial, this is great news for your business – IF you are willing to nurture it. Engaged employees become invested in the success of the business, willing to go that extra mile. If they feel valued and respected and know that their hard work is recognised and rewarded, they will want to stay in their job. The future is exciting.
- By 2020 Millennials will form 50% of the global population=-
91% expect to stay in a job for less than 3 years
6/10 Millennials are open to new jobs
- The Independent – “Nearly half of millennials plan to leave a job within two years”
- By 2025 Millennials will make up 75% of the global workforce
- Meet the Millennials report from KPMG Link it to our website as very useful
- They prioritise culture. “Culture is key when millennials are scanning the market place for their next job”
- “Millennials are the first generation for use the word FUN to describe their dream job. They really embody the sentient that life is too short to be stuck in a dead-end job”
- “They want to feel as though their opinion matters and that their insights are contributing to a bigger picture that is allowing the company to develop”
- “Work life balance was one of the top-rated factors when looking for a job”